List of Studies Supporting the Use of Chiropractic for Developmental and Learning Disorders:
- Alcantara, J., & Davis, J. (2004). Prospective cohort of ADHD patients under chiropractic care. Pathways to Family Wellness, 4.
- Araghi, H.J. (1994). Oral apraxia: A case study in chiropractic management. Proceedings of the ICA National Conference on Chiropractic and Pediatrics, Dallas: 34-41.
- Aranha, K.M. (2006). A comparison of posture control: typically developing children vs. children with ADHD. Texas Tech University Electronic Theses and Dissertations, Retrieved May 27, 2010 from http://dspace.lib.ttu.edu/handle/2346/1081?show=full.
- Arme, J. (1993). Effects of biomechanical insult correction on attention deficit disorder. Chiropractic Case Reports 1(1) Jan.
- Barnes, T.A. (1995). A multi-faceted chiropractic approach to attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: A case report. ICA International Review of Chiropractic Jan/Feb: 41-43.
- Bastecki, A.V., Harrison, D.E., & Haas, J.W. (2004). Cervical Kyphosis is a possible link to attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Journal of Physiological Therpeutics. 27(8): 525e1-525e5.
- Bedell, L. (2008). Successful care of a young female with ADD/ADHD & vertebral subluxation. Journal of Vertebral Subluxation Research, June: 1-7.
- Behrendt, M., & Olsen, N. (2004). The impact of subluxation correction on mental health: Reduction of anxiety in a female patient under chiropractic care. Journal of Vertebral Subluxation Research, September: 1-10.
- Biedermann, H. (2005). Manual therapy in children: Proposals for an etiologic model. Journal of Manipulative Physiological Therapics, 28(3): e1-15.
- Bloink, T. (2008). Autism and language delay, integration of SOT, cranial therapy and Tomitis auditory therapy to stimulate the auditory cortex: A case report. Journal of Vertebral Subluxation Research, May: 17.
- Blum, C.L., Cuthbert, S., & Williams, S. (2007). Developmental delay syndromes and chiropractic. International Conference on Chiropractic Research, May 17-19, 2007: CM53.
- Brzozowske, W.T., & Walton, E.V. (1980). The effect of chiropractic treatment on students with learning and behavioral impairments resulting from neurological dysfunction (Part 1). Journal of the Australian Chiropractic Association: 11(7): 13-18.
- Brzozowske, W.T., & Walton, E.V. (1980). The effect of chiropractic treatment on students with learning and behavioral impairments resulting from neurological dysfunction (Part 2). Journal of the Australian Chiropractic Association: 11(8): 11-17.
- Collins, K.F., et al. (1994). The efficacy of upper cervical chiropractic care on children and adults with cerebral palsy: A preliminary report. Chiropractic Pediatrics, 1(1): 13-15.
- Fallon, J. (2003). Autism Digest
- Frymann, V. (1988). Learning difficulties of children viewed in the light of osteopathic concept. In: Retalaff, E.W., Mitchell, F. (Eds). The cranium and its sutures, New York: Springer 27-47.
- Frymann, V.M., Carney, R.E., & Springall, P. (1992). Effect of osteopathic medical management on neurological development in children. Journal of American Osteopathic Association, 92(6): 729-744.
- Giesen, J.M., Center, D.B., & Leach, R.A. (1989). Journal of Manipulative Physiological Therapeutics, 12:5 353-363.
- Goff, P.J. (1987). Chiropractic treatment of mental illness: A review of theory and practice. Research Forum, Autumn.
- Hartmann, G. W., & Schwarz, H.S. (1949). An analysis of 350 emotionally maladjusted individuals under chiropractic care. NCA Journal of Chiropractic, Nov.
- Hoffman, N., & Russell, D. (2008). Improvement in a 3 ½ year old autistic child following chiropractic intervention to reduce vertebral subluxation. Journal of Vertebral Subluxation Research, March: 1-4.
- Hospers, L.A. (1992). EEG and CEEG studies before and after upper cervical or SOT category II adjustment in children after head trauma, in epilepsy, and in “hyperactivity”. Proceedings of the National Conference on Chiropractic and Pediatrics (ICA) 1992: 84-139.
- Jennings, J. & Barker, M. (2006). Autism: A chiropractic perspective. Clinical Chiropractic, 9(1): 6-10.
- Khorishid, K.A., Sweat, R.W., Zemba, D.A., & Zemba, B.N. (2006). Clinical efficacy of upper cervical versus full spine chiropractic care on children with autism: A randomized clinical trial. Journal of Vertebra Subluxation Research, March: 1-7.
- Kidd, P.M. (2000). Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children: Rationale for its integrative management. Alternative Medicine Review, 5(5): 402-408.
- Koren, T. & Rosenwinkel, E. (1992). Spinal patterns as predictors of personality profiles: A pilot study. International Journal of Psychosomatics, 39(1-4): 10-17.
- Kuhn, K.W. (2005). An assessment of Carrick’s brain-based model of care in the treatment of functional disconnection syndrome: A case study. ProQuest Dissertations & Theses, Retrieved from http://gradworks.umi.com/31/96/3196726.html on May 27, 2010.
- Labarbera, J.A. (1998). Tourette syndrome: A case study. International Chiropractic Pediatric Association Newsletter March/April.
- Lanley, C. (1994). Epileptic siezures, nocturnal enuresis, ADD. Chiropractic Pediatrics, 1(1).
- Levy, S. & Hyman, S.L. (2002). Alternative/Complementary Approaches to Treatment of Children with Autistic Spectrum Disorders. Infants & Young Children, 14(3): 33-42.
- Lovett, L. & Blum, C. (2006). Behavioral and learning changes secondary to chiropractic care to reduce subluxations in a child with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Journal of Vertebral Subluxation Research, October: 1-6.
- Maddock, D. (2008). An introduction and review of the diagnosis of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Journal of Vertebral Subluxation Research, May: 16.
- Mathews, M.O., & Thomas, E. (1993). A pilot study of applied kinesiology in helping children with learning diabilities. Brittish Osteopathic Journal Vol. X11.
- Melillo, R. & Leisman, G. (2004). Neurobehavioral disorders of childhood: an evolutionary perspective. New York: Springer.
- Phillips, C.J. (1991). Case study: The effect of utilizing spinal manipulation and craniotherapy as the treatment approach for attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder. Proceedings on the National Conference on Chiropractic and Pediatrics (ICA), 1191: 57-74.
- Pauc, R. (2005). Comorbidity of dyslexia, dyspraxia, attention deficit disorder (ADD), attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and Tourette’s syndrome in children: A prospective epidemiological study. Clinical Chiropractic 8(4): 189-198.
- Peterson, K.B. (1997). The effects of spinal manipulation on the intensity of emotional arousal in phobic subjects exposed to a threat stimulus: A randomized, controlled, double-blind clinical trial. Journal of Manipulative Pysiological Therapeutics, 20(9): 602-606.
- Potthoff, S., Penwell, B., & Wolf, J. (1993). Panic attacks and the chiropractic adjustment: A case report. ACA Journal of Chiropractic, 30: 26-28.
- Risley, W.B. (1995). Impaired arterial blood flow to the brain as a result of a cervical subluxation: A clinical report. Journal of the American Chiropractic Association, June: 61-63.
- Schetchikova, N.V. (2002). Children with ADHD: Medical vs. Chiropractic Perspective and Theory. ACA Journal, July: 28-38.
- Schetchikova, N.V. (2002). Children with ADHD: Medical vs. Chiropractic Perspective and Theory. ACA Journal, August: 34-44.
- Shambaugh, P., Pearlman, R.C., & Hauck, K. (1991). Changes in brain stem evoked response as a result of chiropractic treatment. Proceedings of the 1991 International Conference on Spinal Manipulation, FCER: 227-229.
- Sullivan, E.C. (1992). The chiropractic management of anxiety: A case report. ACA Journal of Chiropractic, 29: 29-34.
- Sweat, R., & Ammons, D. (1988). Treatment of a cerebral palsy patient: a case study. Today’s Chiropractic, Nov/Dec: 51-52.
- Terett, A.G.J. (1993). Cerebral dysfunction: A theory to explain some effects of chiropractic manipulation. Chiropractic Technique, 5: 168-173.
- Thomas, M.D., & Wood, J. (1992). Upper cervical adjustments may improve mental function. Journal of Manual Medicine, 6: 215-216.
- Trotta, N. The response of an adult Tourette patient to Life upper cervical adjustments. Chiropractic Research Journal, 1:43-48.
- Upleder, J.E. (1978). The relationship of craniosacral examination findings in grade school children with developmental problems. Journal of the American Osteopathic Association, 77(10): 760-776.
- Webster, L. (1994). First report on ADD study. International Chiropractic Pediatric Association Newsletter, Jan.
- Wendel, P. (1998). ADHD a multiple case study. International Chiropractic Pediatric Association, March/April.
- Wood, K.W. (1991). Resolution of spasmodic dysphonia (focal laryngeal dystonia) via chiropractic manipulative management. Journal of Manipulative Physiological Therapeutics, 14(6): 376-378.
- Yannick, P. (2007). Improvement in attention in patients undergoing Network Spinal Analysis: A case series using objective measures of attention. Journal of Vertebral Subluxation Research, August: 1-9.
- Young, A. (2007). Chiropractic management of a child with ADD/ADHD. Journal of Vertebral Subluxation Research, September 1-4.
- Zhang, C., Wang, Y., & Lu, W. (1984). Study on cervical visual disturbance and its manipulative treatment. Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 4(3): 205-210.
9:00am - 12:00pm
3:00pm - 5:30pm
9:00am - 12:00pm
3:00pm - 5:30pm
9:00am - 12:00pm
3:00pm - 5:30pm
9:00am - 12:00pm
3:00pm - 5:30pm